The Hard Core Series of bars were originally designed to meet the requirements for participation in the now defunct SCCA Solo 1 class. Some venues continue to utilize these specifications. Check the rules for the particular event in which you plan to participate as the event organizers have the final word on safety requirements.
This series of bars are legal for, and actually exceed the requirements, for the current SCCA Time Trials, SCCA Solo and NASA HPDE events.
Stock seats and belts are compatible for the competitor that wants to maintain a dual purpose car for street and track events.
The M1 Hard Core models fit all Miata chassis from 1990 - 2005 and are specifically designed for plastic rear window convertible tops. Not compatible with glass rear window soft tops.
The Single and Double Diagonal versions of the M1 Hard Core Bars are built with an Integral Harness Bar as standard equipment
There's no room for a PROPER straight integral harness bar with the X Brace strength optimized diagonal angles. A Bolt-In Harness Bar is required for harness shoulder strap mounting with the X Brace.
The Standard M1 Hard Core is the tallest design possible with a functional top but not necessarily the best choice for tall drivers using stock seats because of the more forward placement of the main hoop. We recommend the Hard Core Hardtop version or Sport models for most drivers over 5' 9" with unmodified stock seats. You can see the differences in main hoop placements in the Schematic Views on our Application guide.
The Standard M1 Hard Core is not designed for use with a hard top. The M1 Hard Core Hardtop is built for use with Mazda hard tops.
- Full interior width
- Complete use of plastic rear window soft tops
- Single main hoop diagonal brace and harness bar standard
- Second main hoop diagonal brace may be added for extra strength and better rear vision
- X Brace version for the strongest bar available *
- Durable black powdercoat finish
- Constructed of highest quality 1.75" diam x .120" wall drawn over mandrel tubing
- Laser cut 3/16" mounting and back-up plates
- Complete hardware kit w/ grade 8 bolts
- Compatible with stock seat belts