New FPSpec Low Profile Mounting Cup for the NC Miata!
After releasing our widely successful lowering cups for the ND we wanted to make a similar piece for the NC.
Our mounts have been designed as a one-piece, to allow the shock body to thread MUCH deeper into the lower mount than is available with the standard lower mount. Allowing NC'with Ohlins DFV's to be lowered, add helper springs, and to facilitate longer shock bodies with additional stroke!
We ship tons of Öhlins DFV's and although we hear almost nothing but great things about them but the single recurring comment is that the rear cup doesn't allow the car to be lowered to the ideal ride height. the design of the standard lower mount design leaves a lot to be desired. We normally recommend a high amount of rear pre-load with near standard spring rates when setting up the conventional DFV suspension due to the limited available stroke. This does come at a cost however, as it will limit the amount of ride height adjustment the can be achieved. As pre-load increases, the damper length must decrease to keep the car at the same ride height. Unfortunately the standard lower mount does not allow the car to be lowered as much as many people would like, especially with the correct amount of preload. This is where our single piece FPSpec mounts come in!
Additionally, the Low Profile Mounting Cups include a true motor sports grade bearing in place of the factory rubber mount found in many other suspension kits. To further refine the design and functionality, we took this opportunity to design a custom single-piece machined spacer, which eliminates all of the washers (OE and Ohlins) to remove the need for multiple washer stacks to optimally center the shock movement.
Our lower mounts can be used for:
-Optimal pre-load setups
-High rate race-springs with helpers
- FPSpëc 6061 Aluminum Lower Rear Mounts
- Aurora Motorsports Grade Spherical Bearings
- Ultra wide range of height adjustability (race or grand touring setups)
- Up to 45mm lower ride height as compared to standard DFV mount
- Allows for proper height adjustment for standard spring rates with correct pre-load, race spring rates, and ultra low setups (with a beehive spring)
- 20% weight reduction compared to the standard DFV mounts
- Stronger and more rigid than standard DFV mounts
- Wider range of articulation with lower spherical vs rubber bushing
- *Only required for the NC rear
*This kit does not include lower spring perch and lock ring. Shown for illustration purposes only. Will need to transfer these parts over from standard mount.