The Hard Core Series of bars were originally designed to meet the requirements for participation in the now defunct SCCA Solo 1 class. Some venues continue to utilize these specifications. Check the rules for the particular event in which you plan to participate as the event organizers have the final word on safety requirements.
This series of bars are legal for, and actually exceed the requirements, for the current SCCA Time Trials, SCCA Solo and NASA HPDE events.
Stock seats and belts are compatible for the competitor that wants to maintain a dual purpose car for street and track events.
The M1 Hard Core models fit all Miata chassis from 1990 - 2005 and are specifically designed for plastic rear window convertible tops. Not compatible with glass rear window soft tops.
The Single and Double Diagonal versions of the M1 Hard Core Bars are built with an integral harness bar as standard equipment
There's no room for a PROPER straight integral harness bar with the X Brace strength optimized diagonal angles. A bolt in harness bar is required for shoulder strap mounting with the X Brace.
The M1 Hard Core Hardtop is compatible with Mazda hard tops with stock latches and all plastic rear window soft tops.
Preferable for taller drivers using stock seats because of the more rearward placement of the main hoop. See the Schematic Views on our Application Guide for main hoop placement comparisons.
- Allows full seat travel and tilt
- Full interior width; farther to the rear than the standard Hard Core allowing better head clearance
- Complete use of Mazda hard tops and plastic rear window soft tops
- Durable black powdercoat finish
- Available with one, two or "X" diagonal braces
- Integral harness bar standard with single and double diagonals
- Constructed of highest quality 1.75" diam x .120" wall drawn over mandrel tubing
- Laser cut 3/16" mounting and back-up plates
- Complete hardware kit w/ grade 8 bolts
- Compatible with stock seat belts