The Hard Core Series of bars were originally designed to meet the requirements for participation in the now defunct SCCA Solo 1 class. Some venues continue to utilize these specifications. Check the rules for the particular event in which you plan to participate as the event organizers have the final word on safety requirements.
This series of bars are legal for, and actually exceed the requirements, for the current SCCA Time Trials, SCCA Solo and NASA HPDE events.
Stock seats and belts are compatible for the competitor that wants to maintain a dual purpose car for street and track events.
The M2 Hard Core models fit all Miata chassis from 1990 - 2005. Specifically designed for the second generation Mazda glass rear window convertible tops or equivalent size aftermarket glass window soft top installed on a first generation Miata. The M2 Hard Core are also compatible with all flexible plastic rear window convertible tops. See our Application Guide for factory glass window soft top specs.
Single or Double diagonal versions available.
Glass window compatible harness tabs for "V" configured bolt-in harness shoulder straps are standard on the M2 Hard Core.
A bolt in harness bar is needed for situations requiring individual mounting of wrap-around harness shoulder straps.
The M2 Hard Core Hardtop is compatible with Mazda hard tops with stock latches and second generation factory glass window soft tops or like size aftermarket glass rear window convertible tops.
Preferable for taller drivers using stock seats because of the more rearward placement of the main hoop. See the Schematic Views on our Application Guide for main hoop placement comparisons
- Full interior width; farther to the rear than the standard Hard Core allowing better head clearance for tall drivers.
- Complete use of Mazda hard top with stock latches and second generation size glass window convertible top
- Durable black powdercoat finish
- Constructed of highest quality 1.75" diam x .120" wall drawn over mandrel tubing
- Laser cut 3/16" mounting and back-up plates
- Complete hardware kit w/ grade 8 bolts
- Compatible with stock seat belts.